Friday, December 2, 2011

Schwinn Traveler - Bike Project

I'm shooting for a 70's retro 10 speed. I was at Haven Jr High up in Evanston back in like 1972. One day Eric Gant showed up with his Schwinn Varsity's handle bars turned up. The next day everybody turned up their handle bars just like Eric.  I'm going for the same look now.











Last night I went over to the Nearly New Bike Store on Broadway with my old seat and basket.

 

Ron gave me $10 cash money.  He said to give him a call back tomorrow afternoon. He's got to check his storage unit for the vintage Schwinn seat. He thinks he's got one in black, if not he'll find me one in red.

See next post for a photo of the seat I'm talking about:


1 comment:

  1. Beach cruiser prices have escalated to an outrageous price these last few years and together the founders realized there had to be a way to make things more affordable.
    bike lock

    ReplyDelete