Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Mechanic

The Nearly New Bicycle Shop found me a vintage B&W Schwinn saddle.  Nice. Just what I was looking for.
So as I'm dealing with the guys on the saddle, I start looking at a bike up in the front. Turns out it's the mechanic's. It's a green Typhoon, with new composite wheels and a racing saddle. I'm like, "Oh no you don't have a Schwinn generator on the rear wheel." I've got one for my bike. But I'm looking at it and I'm like, "Where's the headlamp?"





The mechanic comes over and say's "Check this out." He picks up the rear end and gives the wheel a spin. On comes this blue neon light under the top tube. I'm like, "Oh no you don't have a blue neon light under your top tube." He's like, "Oh yes I do!" 

Too freakin cool. 



So out I go and I come back with both of my bikes. 

Here's the list I gave to the mechanic: 
Mount new saddle
Mount brake levers
Wrap bars
Remove chain guard
Remove rear rack
Remove toe clips
Remove reflectors
Mount generator
Mount front and rear lamp
Mount blue LED
Tune 

Dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment