Saturday, October 29, 2011

Done With Film

I created a  video for submission to the YouTube ShutterLog channel.  Basically ShutterLog is a collection of short videos of people handling their vintage analog cameras. So I decided I needed some film to load into my camera. I went over to Wolf Camera and explained I need a cheap roll of film.  Maybe something out of date.  The guy goes over to the box and hands me a throw away camera. I'm like this is not a roll of film.  The guy say's, break it open and there's a roll of film inside.  I'm like cool.


So the next day I'm talking with this fella at work.  He says now that was a great video. Probably cause I wasn't yapping away the whole time.  He says it would be great to compare photos from the cheap camera and from the good camera. I'm like bingo!  Great concept.  So I go back over to the camera store and get a couple of Fuji throwaways with good film.  That night I start shooting a new video, breaking open the camera, close ups, long shots, the whole deal.  I check the light meter and see I need a new battery, also a few of the close ups are out of focus so I need to redo those. Plus I need a new sync cable for the Minolta.


The next day I'm back at the camera store buying more throwaways and a lens cap. They don't have a sync cable, maybe I'll pick one up later.  Then it's off to the Radio Shack for a battery for the Minolta.  I get the battery, go outside, and then it hit's me.  Freaking light meter still doesn't work. Oh, and the mirror for the viewfinder is stuck.  And I have no freaking sync cable. Done. Quit.


Now I remember why I love digital cameras. None of the above. And all just shooting and posting.



video YouTube ShutterLog channel vlog vintage analog cameras film camera cheap roll cool fella work great bingo concept Fuji throwaways close ups light meter focus Minolta lens sync cable Radio Shack Freaking mirror viewfinder Done Quit digital cameras shooting posting old school audiophile vinyl analog photo picture photography facebook photographer phone canon minolta nikon fuji ilford kodak olympus nikor rokkor slr zoom aperture blur 

No comments:

Post a Comment