Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunrise

Life is a great sunrise. I do not see why death should not be an even greater one - Vladimir Nabokov.

I love Russians. It's all about death.

I kind of slept in. Till like 6am. I was up till like 10:30 last night, working on that ShutterLog video.  I swear to god that thing kicked my ass. I can't tell you how many shots were out of focus. Either because I was shooting a long shot on macro, or a close up without the macro. Then there all the shots that had no sound cause I didn't turn on the microphone. 

But in the end I re-shot all of the narrative in my apartment from a high angle. I had a pink gel over the lamp, with an orange shirt, and it turned out fucking great.  

So I was up at six. When I pulled up the blinds I couldn't tell if it was cloudy or not. Only one way to find out. I got dressed, grabbed my bag and tripod and headed out the door. 

I walked over to the park and set up my tripod. I was encourage by the orange poking through on the horizon, but still wasn't sure about the cloud cover. I couldn't see any stars.

 I pointed the camera toward the dawn and started snapping, not video, but stills. I recorded a couple of clips of video but mostly it was stills.  I snapped about one every ten seconds. Doing in in exact time lapse sort of thing. When people or animals entered the frame I started snapping faster. As the minutes passed I realized there was a gap between the clouds and the horizon.  The sun would be poking through.

The time lapse worked.  I'm pretty happy with the video.





No comments:

Post a Comment