Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Expressway Shootings













Chicago highways are becoming more dangerous. And it's not because of traffic accidents. It's because of highway shootings. There was a shooting on the Eisenhower last night. Seems like a weekly event these days.
Most of the shootings spill over from violence in the neighborhoods. Violent neighborhood, violent expressway. Not surprising, the Dan Ryan on the south side. And Eisenhower on the west side. Have the highest reported shooting rates. Most of the shootings happen overnight. Yesterdays shooting happened at 3 in the afternoon. You think rush hour is bad. Try closing down an expressway for three hours.

Expressway shootings are road rage on steroids. I've been working on my driving courtesy. I try not to focus on any one idiot. I yield to merging cars. And I slow down and disengage when necessary. I sure don't want any body shooting at me.

--------------------------


Chicago,highways,"traffic accident","highway shootings","Expressway shootings",Eisenhower,shootings,violence,"Violent neighborhood","violent expressway","Dan Ryan","south side","west side","shooting rates","overnight","rush hour","road rage",steroids,"driving courtesy",idiot,yield,"merging cars",disengage,NRA,"gun control","second amendment",guns,bullets,ammo,"assault weapon"

No comments:

Post a Comment