Thursday, November 3, 2016

My three favorite books that I read this past year.
















Over the past year, I have checked fifteen books out of the library. Three books I bailed on. Twelve I read, And of the twelve, three books stood out.

The first book: The Risen: A novel of Spartacus, by David Anthony Durham.
Spartacus and his revolt battle to topple Rome.The horrors of war. Gladiators Kill. Children leave childish things, and the gods reap the souls of those who rose but then fell.

The second book: The Long Goodbye: by Raymond Chandler

Hard boiled 50's LA crime story. Alcoholism, scars of war, and the
superficiality of the City of Angels.

And the third book: Friday night lights: A town, a team, and a dream, by HG Bassinger.

Odessa Texas. Small town America in all of it's glory & all of it's shame.
Focused through the lense of high school football.





No comments:

Post a Comment