Friday, November 18, 2011

A City Needs a Car Like a Fish Needs a Bicycle


Yesterday morning I got up early. At around five. It was one of the last nice days of the year, so I hopped on the bike and headed south.  A roundtrip ride to the Chicago Museum Campus is around 18 miles. That's a nice way to start the day. Kicks up my matabolism.

It was about 6:30 am when I took off south on the Chicago Lake Shore Bike Path. Turns out there's a fair amount of people on the path at that time of the day. Joggers, dog walkers and commuters heading down to work. Must be nice to ride the bike to work. Sure beats sitting in a traffic jam.

At the museum campus, I set up a camera mount on my bicycle's handlebars. Rather than shooting video I shot a series of stills. My editing software allows me to string them along into video. I started shooting at the Shedd Aquarium. As it turned out the photos I shot at the beginging got pushed to the end of the video.

Originally I was only going to put a bicycle pedal sound track on with the animated photos, but the video was too long and too dry. I tried something new here. I broke the sequence into smaller segments. For each segment I layed on a voice over track. I then edited down the segments around the narative. Finally I found I could lay on the bike pedal sound track and  push it back in the mix.

*****************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment